Discover Your Acne Treatment Options
How your dermatologists in Encinitas, CA, can help with acne
Acne is unsightly and often quite uncomfortable. Although regularly associated with adolescence, adults can still get bad acne. It can affect many areas of your body, showing up on your skin as blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, or large, painful cystic acne. Read below to learn how Drs. David Thomas, Margaret Hobson Dupree, and William Burrows, at North County Dermatology in Encinitas, CA, can help get rid of your acne and give you back your clear, beautiful skin.
More on Acne and Its Treatments
If you are suffering from acne, you may be tempted to leave it alone and see if it goes away on its own. However, doing this might end up with acne scarring. Another common choice is to use over-the-counter acne treatments, which may end with irritated skin. A better solution is to seek out the expert help of your local dermatologists.
At North County Dermatology, we offer several acne treatment options to help heal your acne. We may recommend:
- Benzoyl peroxide products, which are a great choice for mild acne; they help reduce blockages in pores
- Oral and topical antibiotics, which eliminate bacteria causing infection in your pores
- Hormonal treatments, to address acne caused by fluctuations in hormone levels
- Tretinoin products, which unplug any material blocking your pores, thus eliminating blackheads and whiteheads
- Extraction treatment, to completely remove whiteheads and blackheads by extracting them with an instrument
North County Dermatology also offers several options to treat acne scarring and give you clear, smooth skin. Effective treatments for acne scarring include chemical peels and microdermabrasion which help to resurface your skin, reduce or eliminate scars, and give you smooth, dewy skin.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Don’t let acne affect your life, It’s time to discover your acne treatment options and be on your way to smooth, clear, beautiful skin. Just pick up the phone and call (760) 230-2805 for North County Dermatology in Encinitas, California today!