Which Anti-Aging Treatment Would Work for Me?
The best way to ensure your skin is the healthiest is to prevent skin damage from occurring at all. Age spots are the result of skin damage from overexposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays. The aging process is unavoidable and as we age, our skin becomes thinner and drier. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movements of facial muscles such as smiling, squinting or frowning, to name a few. Skin treatments from North County Dermatology Center from Dr. David Thomas or Dr. Margaret Hobson Dupree in Encinitas, CA, can help keep your skin looking its best each and every year.
About Anti-Aging Skin Treatments
Photoaging is the premature aging of the skin due to ultraviolet light. This happens when ultraviolet radiation penetrates deep into the skin damaging the fundamental skin portions that lead to fine lines, skin discoloration, deep wrinkles and sagging skin.
A good skin cleaning routine is important to keep the skin looking its best prior to any skin treatments from North County Dermatology Center in Encinitas. Always wash the face with a gentle cleanser at least once daily. Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 daily. Conduct a monthly self-exam of the skin to detect any changes that might lead to cancer. Also, see a dermatologist once a year.
Some anti-aging treatments include:
- Botox: This is a substance that is injected directly into the muscles and used to improve the look of crow’s feet, frown lines or wrinkles.
- Chemical Peels: This is used to improve the appearance of the skin. A chemical solution is applied to the skin to exfoliate and eventually peel off leaving smoother and less wrinkled skin.
- Dermabrasion: This exfoliating treatment uses a rotating tool in order to remove the outer layers of the skin, typically on the face. It treats sun damage, acne scars, uneven texture and sun damage.
- Fillers: These products are used to correct moderate or severe folds or wrinkles and can add volume or hydration to areas of the face.
- Laser Resurfacing: This technique reduces blemishes, acne scars or wrinkles by using pulsing beams of light removing the skin layer by layer.
- Retinoids: This helps increase the production of collagen on the skin, leading to new, smoother and younger-looking skin.
To learn more about skin treatments in Encinitas, CA, from Dr. Thomas or Dr. Dupree, call our office today at (760) 230-2805.