Which Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
Your skin, particularly the skin on your face, is very delicate and one of the first things people notice when looking at your appearance. Ideally, it should be soft, supple, free from lines, fresh, and youthful—a standard that is often difficult to maintain. Fortunately, modern dermatology offers a number of treatments that are able to help you restore and renew beauty to your skin. Read on to explore the various treatment possibilities available at North County Dermatology Center, PC in Encinitas, CA.
Common Skin Problems
There is a long list of skin problems that dermatologists treat, some of which are:
- Skin wrinkles and deep/fine lines.
- Sun damage.
- Discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
- Age and liver spots.
- Acne sores and bumps.
- Tough skin (leathery texture).
Skin Treatment Options
At North County Dermatology Center, PC in Encinitas, CA, the skin treatment options available include:
- Botox injections to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Chemical peels to remove a layer of old skin cells and allow the skin to regenerate.
- Dermabrasion to exfoliate the skin and eliminate signs of sun damage.
- Retinoids for patients who struggle with acne.
- Laser resurfacing, which helps get rid of skin blemishes and scars.
- Dermal fillers, which plump and soften the skin.
- Oral and topical antibiotics or vaccinations that control skin infections.
Skin Care Ideas
You can make strides in ensuring that your skin continues to look good after treatment. Here are a few tips for how to care for your skin each day:
- Stay out direct sunlight, as damage from UV rays is a top reason for skin wrinkling, discoloration, and blotchiness.
- Avoid picking at acne pimples and sores—see your dermatologist instead for an effective course of treatment.
- Eat more foods that promote skin health, including omega-3 fatty acids, polyphenols (green tea and olive oil), vitamin B-12, green leafy vegetables, and anything that contains sufficient antioxidants.
- Drink plenty of water. About four to six 8-ounce cups per day is sufficient (ask your dermatologist).
Love Your Skin
By seeking out skin treatment, you are both showing love for yourself and preserving the long-term health of your skin. Call (760) 230-2805 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. David Thomas, Dr. Margaret Hobson Dupree, or Dr. William Burrows at their office in Encinitas, CA.