Posts for tag: Skin Treatment
Your skin, particularly the skin on your face, is very delicate and one of the first things people notice when looking at your appearance. Ideally, it should be soft, supple, free from lines, fresh, and youthful—a standard that is often difficult to maintain. Fortunately, modern dermatology offers a number of treatments that are able to help you restore and renew beauty to your skin. Read on to explore the various treatment possibilities available at North County Dermatology Center, PC in Encinitas, CA.
Common Skin Problems
There is a long list of skin problems that dermatologists treat, some of which are:
- Skin wrinkles and deep/fine lines.
- Sun damage.
- Discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
- Age and liver spots.
- Acne sores and bumps.
- Tough skin (leathery texture).
Skin Treatment Options
At North County Dermatology Center, PC in Encinitas, CA, the skin treatment options available include:
- Botox injections to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Chemical peels to remove a layer of old skin cells and allow the skin to regenerate.
- Dermabrasion to exfoliate the skin and eliminate signs of sun damage.
- Retinoids for patients who struggle with acne.
- Laser resurfacing, which helps get rid of skin blemishes and scars.
- Dermal fillers, which plump and soften the skin.
- Oral and topical antibiotics or vaccinations that control skin infections.
Skin Care Ideas
You can make strides in ensuring that your skin continues to look good after treatment. Here are a few tips for how to care for your skin each day:
- Stay out direct sunlight, as damage from UV rays is a top reason for skin wrinkling, discoloration, and blotchiness.
- Avoid picking at acne pimples and sores—see your dermatologist instead for an effective course of treatment.
- Eat more foods that promote skin health, including omega-3 fatty acids, polyphenols (green tea and olive oil), vitamin B-12, green leafy vegetables, and anything that contains sufficient antioxidants.
- Drink plenty of water. About four to six 8-ounce cups per day is sufficient (ask your dermatologist).
Love Your Skin
By seeking out skin treatment, you are both showing love for yourself and preserving the long-term health of your skin. Call (760) 230-2805 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. David Thomas, Dr. Margaret Hobson Dupree, or Dr. William Burrows at their office in Encinitas, CA.
Whether you're concerned about acne, wrinkles or thinning lips, skin treatments can help you look your best. Dr. David Thomas and Dr. Margaret Hobson Dupree of North County Dermatology in Encinitas, CA, discuss a few treatments designed to improve your appearance.
Botox is very effective in reducing wrinkles that occur when you make dynamic expressions, such as frowning or laughing. Botox injections temporarily block nerve impulses to the muscles under your skin, making it impossible for them to contract. As a result, the lines in your skin smooth out and are less noticeable. Botox treatment is a good option if you're concerned about forehead furrows, vertical lines between your eyes, crow's feet or lines around your mouth.
Fillers not only plump thin lips but also add volume to your face. As you grow older, your skin loses elasticity and begins to sag, causing lines and wrinkles. Injecting collagen, hyaluronic acid, poly-l-lactic acid or other fillers into your skin restores the natural volume of your face, making wrinkles less visible. Fillers plump cheeks and lips, smooth wrinkles and crow's feet, soften chin creases and lip lines, and make nasolabial fold lines less prominent.
Topical prescription medications called retinoids treat acne, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture. The vitamin A derivative works by speeding skin cell turnover and boosting the production of collagen, the protein that gives the skin its elasticity.
Chemical peels remove the outer layers of skin that contain wrinkles, pimples, discolorations and shallow acne scars. You won't see any changes the moment the peel solution is applied to your skin in our Encinitas office, as it usually takes a few days for peeling to start. When peeling is complete, your skin will be clearer, smoother and less wrinkled.
Laser skin resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing precisely targets problem areas of your skin, exposing it to short bursts of light which removes the outer layers and stimulates collagen growth. The skin treatment is recommended if you have fine lines and wrinkles, scars, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, age spots, sallow skin tone, birthmarks or acne.
Enhance your appearance with skin treatments. Call Dr. Thomas and Dr. Hobson Dupree of North County Dermatology in Encinitas, CA, at (760) 230-2805 to schedule your appointment.